very weak atheism/mystic atheism
David Dalton
2015-04-11 05:40:29 UTC
A while ago I said that if I didn't come out of the
low years by April 4 full moon I would consider going
atheist again. Well for now I have decided not to,
mainly because I have had such significant mystic
experiences in the past.

But what flavour of atheist have I been in the past?

I think a strong atheist is someone who believes
there are no gods.

I think a weak atheist is someone who does not
believe in any gods.

Furthermore I define a very weak atheist. If I was
a very weak atheist I would still believe that my
former deities existed but would no longer worship them.

In the past I have been all three of these at different
times, but currently I am a polytheistic pantheist.

But do you think it is possible to be a mystic atheist?
"Put your arms around me/Like a circle `round the sun
You know I'll love you, baby/When my easy ridin's done"
noname
2015-04-11 09:15:38 UTC
Post by David Dalton
In the past I have been all three of these at different
times, but currently I am a polytheistic pantheist.
But do you think it is possible to be a mystic atheist?
Why are you concerned with this?
***@gmail.com
David Dalton
2015-04-13 04:06:44 UTC
Post by noname
Post by David Dalton
In the past I have been all three of these at different
times, but currently I am a polytheistic pantheist.
But do you think it is possible to be a mystic atheist?
Why are you concerned with this?
Because I am considering renouncing my deities but due
to my having had some powerful mystic experiences in
he past, including my blue rose vision, I would still
consider myself a mystic.
noname
2015-04-14 09:32:18 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Post by noname
Post by David Dalton
In the past I have been all three of these at different
times, but currently I am a polytheistic pantheist.
But do you think it is possible to be a mystic atheist?
Why are you concerned with this?
Because I am considering renouncing my deities but due
to my having had some powerful mystic experiences in
he past, including my blue rose vision, I would still
consider myself a mystic.
Why do you need labels like deity and mystic? What do they contribute
aside from the delusion of understanding? Wrong understanding is worse
then no understanding at all, at least if you don't understand you have
an excuse to continue looking for understanding, but if you have wrong
understanding you've stopped looking and chosen to make your delusion of
understanding into a deity that owns you.
***@gmail.com
David Dalton
2015-04-15 01:56:17 UTC
Post by noname
Post by David Dalton
Post by noname
Post by David Dalton
In the past I have been all three of these at different
times, but currently I am a polytheistic pantheist.
But do you think it is possible to be a mystic atheist?
Why are you concerned with this?
Because I am considering renouncing my deities but due
to my having had some powerful mystic experiences in
he past, including my blue rose vision, I would still
consider myself a mystic.
Why do you need labels like deity and mystic?
Because I feel that I have received a call, especially
from Sola the sun and Gaia the earth, starting back
in 1991. However my low years have now lasted over
19 years instead of the usual 7 years and I am considering
renouncing my deities as a result.
Nobody in Particular
That'll teach them!
{:-])))
2015-04-15 13:12:43 UTC
Post by Nobody in Particular
Post by David Dalton
Post by noname
Why do you need labels like deity and mystic?
Because I feel that I have received a call, especially
from Sola the sun and Gaia the earth, starting back
in 1991. However my low years have now lasted over
19 years instead of the usual 7 years and I am considering
renouncing my deities as a result.
That'll teach them!
Abraham was called to have Isaac.
After a number of years, Ishmael was birthed.
Some promises take longer than others to be kept.

Take the tribes, who were a people, then
they were not that people, then again, were them.

That drama unfolded over a thousand years.
It's a play the Celts can be found in.

From those mountains to those isles.
And the Coronation Stone.

I tend to think of deities as useful at times.
At other times, not so much.

The Sun can be most helpful, but not always.
When not looking for a tan, I keep my shirt on.

Earth gives me much support practically all the time.
Without her surface I don't know where I'd be.

Yet, while she's always there, supporting me,
I don't always give her the credit she is due.
She often is taken as a given, granted.

Earth is axiomatic, usually.
And yet, as a pale blue dot, she's that too.

She might not mind being ignored
or kept in a magic bag until needed.

Deities are able to make for great explanations,
rationalizations, and to put hope in when hope is required.

Hope, for me, would be a primary deity.
At least, when I wasn't being an atheist.

Some folks feel called to be an either/or.

I tend to feel more to be a both-and as well
as a neither-nor. And to think,
at times, in many ways.
noname
2015-04-15 09:54:17 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Post by noname
Post by David Dalton
Post by noname
Post by David Dalton
In the past I have been all three of these at different
times, but currently I am a polytheistic pantheist.
But do you think it is possible to be a mystic atheist?
Why are you concerned with this?
Because I am considering renouncing my deities but due
to my having had some powerful mystic experiences in
he past, including my blue rose vision, I would still
consider myself a mystic.
Why do you need labels like deity and mystic?
Because I feel that I have received a call, especially
from Sola the sun and Gaia the earth, starting back
in 1991.
A "call" meaning what? Are you called upon to do something? Or just
called at to say "hi"? Did your callers have bodies, or voices, or what?
Post by David Dalton
However my low years have now lasted over
19 years instead of the usual 7 years
Sounds like rubbish to me, not that I claim to know what "low years" are
or why you think some number of days or decades makes a diffeence.
Post by David Dalton
and I am considering
renouncing my deities as a result.
If they haven't contributed in 19 years, one might conclude that the
"call" was a wrong number. There's nothing special about 7 years unless
you're worried about the statute of limitations or something; that's
man-law, not god-law.

If you are called it doesn't take 19 years to wake up. Talk is cheap.
I never answer when "unknown" is shown as the caller's identification.
***@gmail.com
David Dalton
2015-04-17 02:47:53 UTC
Post by noname
Post by David Dalton
Post by noname
Post by David Dalton
Post by noname
Post by David Dalton
In the past I have been all three of these at different
times, but currently I am a polytheistic pantheist.
But do you think it is possible to be a mystic atheist?
Why are you concerned with this?
Because I am considering renouncing my deities but due
to my having had some powerful mystic experiences in
he past, including my blue rose vision, I would still
consider myself a mystic.
Why do you need labels like deity and mystic?
Because I feel that I have received a call, especially
from Sola the sun and Gaia the earth, starting back
in 1991.
A "call" meaning what? Are you called upon to do something? Or just
called at to say "hi"? Did your callers have bodies, or voices, or what?
No, my callers did not have bodies or voices. I was called
through signs including the curved tunneling and wings of
my sun stare and my later blue rose vision. I think I am
called not to push my deities on anyone but to push my
mostly non-religious main messages that are listed on my
Salmon on the Thorns web page, including the similarity of
some past figures to one another and to me.
Post by noname
Post by David Dalton
However my low years have now lasted over
19 years instead of the usual 7 years
Sounds like rubbish to me, not that I claim to know what "low years" are
or why you think some number of days or decades makes a diffeence.
For example the Buddha had seven years of ascetic years before
he achieved awakening/enlightenment. By low years I mean
low in terms of creativity, sometimes low in terms of
delusion, and sometimes low in terms of mood, and
characterized by the absence of creative highs. I know
of a few more past cases of seven years as well, including
the Irish figures Fionn and Amergin. But I think I have
had to go longer since I have had access to modern medicines
which have made my suffering less, so that I have had to
go longer to achieve the same degree of suffering.
Post by noname
Post by David Dalton
and I am considering
renouncing my deities as a result.
If they haven't contributed in 19 years, one might conclude that the
"call" was a wrong number. There's nothing special about 7 years unless
you're worried about the statute of limitations or something; that's
man-law, not god-law.
If you are called it doesn't take 19 years to wake up. Talk is cheap.
I never answer when "unknown" is shown as the caller's identification.
I did have some positive stuff amidst the early part of
the low years, including some signs from other species.
But during the low years I have often gone down
wrong pathways, often led by perineum click divination,
which I still play at but no longer blindly believe.
But yes, 19 years is a long time.
noname
2015-04-17 08:50:50 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Post by noname
Post by David Dalton
Post by noname
Post by David Dalton
Post by noname
Post by David Dalton
and I am considering
renouncing my deities as a result.
If they haven't contributed in 19 years, one might conclude that the
"call" was a wrong number. There's nothing special about 7 years unless
you're worried about the statute of limitations or something; that's
man-law, not god-law.
If you are called it doesn't take 19 years to wake up. Talk is cheap.
I never answer when "unknown" is shown as the caller's identification.
I did have some positive stuff amidst the early part of
the low years, including some signs from other species.
But during the low years I have often gone down
wrong pathways, often led by perineum click divination,
which I still play at but no longer blindly believe.
But yes, 19 years is a long time.
If you're going to wake up it's not helpful to waste yourself on
divination and signs and the measurement of what need not be measured at
all. If you are going to awaken, you will at that time simply find that
you are awake to another whole interpretation of reality; until then you
are chasing around looking for what remains out of sight because your
eyes are filled with labels attached to concepts that are poorly sorted
and can never be resolved until the whole is cast away and you wander in
the mental desert where things resolve into what they are rather than
what men see them to be desirable for. Desire is key, as long as it
leads you around you will never reach a situation wherein you can become
apprehended by Tao. Your desire to awaken is strong, and it's a
Catch-22 for awakening.
***@gmail.com
{:-])))
2015-04-17 14:15:28 UTC
Post by noname
Desire is key, as long as it
leads you around you will never reach a situation wherein you can become
apprehended by Tao. Your desire to awaken is strong, and it's a
Catch-22 for awakening.
Could be that if he let go of his desire
to come out of his low years
then he would come out of his low years.

If he continued to let go of his desire
then even if he didn't come out of his low years
it wouldn't matter to him, since he let go of that desire.
noname
2015-04-18 11:44:58 UTC
Post by {:-])))
Post by noname
Desire is key, as long as it
leads you around you will never reach a situation wherein you can become
apprehended by Tao. Your desire to awaken is strong, and it's a
Catch-22 for awakening.
Could be that if he let go of his desire
to come out of his low years
then he would come out of his low years.
If he continued to let go of his desire
then even if he didn't come out of his low years
it wouldn't matter to him, since he let go of that desire.
Desire gives rise to expectations that control us. We expect things to
be as we expect them to be, and when they are not, we are offended. If
they begin other than as we expect, we may work for years to set them
"right".
***@gmail.com
David Dalton
2015-04-13 04:17:56 UTC
Post by noname
Post by David Dalton
In the past I have been all three of these at different
times, but currently I am a polytheistic pantheist.
But do you think it is possible to be a mystic atheist?
Why are you concerned with this?
That's a good question.
Mystic -
"a person who seeks ... to obtain
unity with or absorption into the Deity ... ."
My Concise Oxford defines it as

"One who seeks by contemplation and self-surrender to
obtain union with or absorption into the Deity, OR who
believes in spiritual apprehension of truths beyond
the understanding."
By the above definition,
a mystic atheist would be an oxymoron.
Polytheistic pantheism can be a form of Taoism.
Inner deities are not at all uncommon.
I have no idea what David's are.
He does not appear however,
to think it possible to obtain unity with
nor absorption into the Deity. Especially
if there is no mono-theistic deal.
Well, my top deity or Deity is ALL, and I am
a subset of ALL, and in that sense I am absorbed
into my Deity, but I don't say I am one with my Deity.
David Dalton
2015-04-13 04:40:56 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Post by noname
Post by David Dalton
In the past I have been all three of these at different
times, but currently I am a polytheistic pantheist.
But do you think it is possible to be a mystic atheist?
Why are you concerned with this?
That's a good question.
Mystic -
"a person who seeks ... to obtain
unity with or absorption into the Deity ... ."
My Concise Oxford defines it as
"One who seeks by contemplation and self-surrender to
obtain union with or absorption into the Deity, OR who
believes in spiritual apprehension of truths beyond
the understanding."
Obviously a mystic atheist would not follow a Deity
so the second definition would apply, with spiritual
being defined as

"of, relating to, or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to
material or physical things."
synonyms: nonmaterial, incorporeal, intangible;
(from google)

where spirit or soul can be defined as the nonmaterial
part of a person that survives death, without reference
to any deity.

(and I claim to be able to sense souls)

But anyway for now I will not turn atheist but have
eight main deities: ALL, LOVE2, Cosma, Galacta,
Sola, Gaia, Luna, and Human, so I say that I am a
polytheistic pantheist. But I am not recruiting
or pushing my deities on anyone, but am pushing
some non-religious messages listed on my Salmon on
the Thorns web page.
Deborah
2015-04-13 05:43:17 UTC
Post by David Dalton
I think a strong atheist is someone who believes
there are no gods.
I think a weak atheist is someone who does not
believe in any gods.
I am trying to figure out your distinction between the weak atheist
and the strong one, for it seems obvious to me that a strong atheist
by your definition is also going to be a weak atheist by your
definition. But a weak atheist is not necessarily going to also be a
strong atheist?
David Dalton
2015-04-14 02:26:28 UTC
Post by Deborah
Post by David Dalton
I think a strong atheist is someone who believes
there are no gods.
I think a weak atheist is someone who does not
believe in any gods.
I am trying to figure out your distinction between the weak atheist
and the strong one, for it seems obvious to me that a strong atheist
by your definition is also going to be a weak atheist by your
definition. But a weak atheist is not necessarily going to also be a
strong atheist?
From

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_and_positive_atheism

"Positive atheism, also called strong atheism and hard atheism,
is the form of atheism that asserts that no deities exist;
negative atheism, also called weak atheism and soft atheism,
is any other type of atheism, i.e. where a person does not
believe in the existence of any deities and does not
explicitly assert that there are none."
Bassos
2015-04-15 14:22:25 UTC
Post by David Dalton
A while ago I said that if I didn't come out of the
low years by April 4 full moon I would consider going
atheist again. Well for now I have decided not to,
mainly because I have had such significant mystic
experiences in the past.
19 years is akin to the sun moon cycle, yaknow ?
Post by David Dalton
But what flavour of atheist have I been in the past?
None at all.
Post by David Dalton
I think a strong atheist is someone who believes
there are no gods.
Nah, a strong atheist is someone who can carry alot of stuff, but is
otherwise biased, and therefore unsuited to become a mage.
Post by David Dalton
I think a weak atheist is someone who does not
believe in any gods.
To be fairy-ish;
weak atheism is moar akin to the mere claim to not be someone as loony
as some mental image said noob has about what believing in a supreme
creator:
"MUST" look like.

Weak atheism is akin to claiming you are not the moon.
While being incorrect, that is at least somewhat honest.
Post by David Dalton
Furthermore I define a very weak atheist.
Weight of the world feels heavy on you ?
Laugh at such sillynessi and remember that you carry the entire Uni-verse.
What is one world on top of the collection of lots of worlds ?
Post by David Dalton
If I was a very weak atheist I would still believe that my
former deities existed but would no longer worship them.
Nah dude.

Even very weak atheists do not leave room for existence of gods.

They leave plenty of room for confusing themselves into what words mean.

Atheist is a catchphrase for someone who wants to be sure.
off-course that is the exact argument such a person uses against someone
who is not sure, yet has found faith.

Reading minds is easy when people act predictably.

Atheism is a self defeating premiss.
Thus a biggish lie.
Post by David Dalton
In the past I have been all three of these at different
times, but currently I am a polytheistic pantheist.
Seems fine.
If every part of creation is alive to you, seems close enuff.
Post by David Dalton
But do you think it is possible to be a mystic atheist?
Sure, people can convince themselves of many many things.

Mystic as seeing the why and how of interaction.
Atheist, as the LHP and that interaction being all you anyway.

Easy peasy.
noname
2015-04-16 09:23:40 UTC
Post by Bassos
Atheist is a catchphrase for someone who wants to be sure.
off-course that is the exact argument such a person uses against someone
who is not sure, yet has found faith.
Worship gods, worship faith, worship words, worship money; it doesn't
matter what you worship, it is false, because worship is false, worship
is a repudiation of the individual in favor of the individual's desire,
it is the cessation of individual choice because the individual has
given himself over to the control of whatever he decided to worship
instead of remaining his own responsibility, it's easier-peasier to have
an excuse that God did it, or that God said to do it, yeah, that's it,
not my fault, God's fault.

When it comes to God one can never be sure that such a being is the
Ultimate god and thus wears the title "God" truly; even a god cannot be
sure that his entire universe isn't a ship-in-a-bottle made up by some
greater god, which considers itself to be God, instead of remaining
awake to those both greater and lesser than itself.

Faith is claimed by worshipers to be some panacea that turns night into
day and wrong into right, as long as you have sufficient Faith; it is
something else to worship, instead of remaining awake to all that is
around you. Someone who is not sure, but has found faith, has found
only a shaky faith that waits for the God named Proof to make him
certain; the God named Certainty is worshiped by those who are afraid to
admit that what comes next is beyond their own control, and who cringe
behind the skirts of their God instead of accepting what is.
***@gmail.com
Bassos
2015-04-18 15:01:12 UTC
Post by noname
Post by Bassos
Atheist is a catchphrase for someone who wants to be sure.
off-course that is the exact argument such a person uses against someone
who is not sure, yet has found faith.
Worship gods, worship faith, worship words, worship money; it doesn't
matter what you worship, it is false, because worship is false, worship
is a repudiation of the individual in favor of the individual's desire,
it is the cessation of individual choice because the individual has
given himself over to the control of whatever he decided to worship
instead of remaining his own responsibility, it's easier-peasier to have
an excuse that God did it, or that God said to do it, yeah, that's it,
not my fault, God's fault.
Why so serious ?

Worship can be something intense, powerful and deeply transformative.

No need to stick with that every moment of every day, yet some times, a
nice bit of worship can liven up a dreary afternoon ;)

The feeling of 'thanks very much', is a nice feeling, yes ?
Expand that feeling by appreciating the universe as a whole unto all the
individual parts.

After that you can be thankful for your part in that, or that that
entire thing was build just so you yourself are here, right now to feel
thanks dude, for all that.

In just one moment.

Worship is a tool in our arsenal.
Post by noname
When it comes to God one can never be sure that such a being is the
Ultimate god and thus wears the title "God" truly; even a god cannot be
sure that his entire universe isn't a ship-in-a-bottle made up by some
greater god, which considers itself to be God, instead of remaining
awake to those both greater and lesser than itself.
Heh, wordsmithing.

All the universe as just one verse, a nice poem.

The book of verses is then one book, an interesting tale.
The library of books is then, etc.

That does not matter when your goal is to feel 'thanks dude'.
Post by noname
Faith is claimed by worshipers to be some panacea that turns night into
day and wrong into right, as long as you have sufficient Faith;
The images in your mind are not the same as the people in the fields.
Post by noname
it is something else to worship, instead of remaining awake to all that is
around you.
Heh, your own faith is shining through.

Yet, while awake to all around you, you do not also include worship ?
Post by noname
Someone who is not sure, but has found faith, has found
only a shaky faith that waits for the God named Proof to make him
certain;
Nonsense.
Proof is what convinces you.
I am not referencing some shaky faith.
Real groundbreaking earthshattering faith.

That is only possible if you are not sure.
If you are sure, that is not faith, that is delusion.
How certain are you that worship is false ?
Bassos
2015-04-23 20:44:59 UTC
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
the God named Certainty is worshiped by those who are afraid to
admit that what comes next is beyond their own control, and who cringe
behind the skirts of their God instead of accepting what is.
How certain are you that worship is false ?
I am missing all the replies to this post.

People seemed so certain.

Did i miss some interesting on topic posts ?

OHR:
(ohm, a measure of resistance)

Is everybody reading my posts just completely blown away by the amount
of content ?

did you, the reader, ever do anything akin to actually reading source
documents ?

Never too late to start.

Follow the vision:
(insert Href to hermetic.com)
{:-])))
2015-04-23 23:02:28 UTC
Post by Bassos
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
the God named Certainty is worshiped by those who are afraid to
admit that what comes next is beyond their own control, and who cringe
behind the skirts of their God instead of accepting what is.
How certain are you that worship is false ?
I am missing all the replies to this post.
I don't recall there being any.
Post by Bassos
People seemed so certain.
Well, noname tends to be quite often.
He knows what words for him, at many rates.
Post by Bassos
Did i miss some interesting on topic posts ?
I'm unsure how much they dealt with Taoism,
which is the topic, theoretically, of the group
to which I am subscribed at present.

In this thread, I may have kept mine to that.
Then again, my recollection is unclear at best.
Post by Bassos
(ohm, a measure of resistance)
Is everybody reading my posts just completely blown away by the amount
of content ?
What you have written resonates with me.

Painting a flower does nothing for the flower.
Post by Bassos
did you, the reader, ever do anything akin to actually reading source
documents ?
My ability to read Chinese is limited. However,
the first phrase of the TTC, in Pinyin,
dao ke dao fei chang dao,
often returns to me.

As well as the second wells up at times,
ming ke ming fei chang ming.
Post by Bassos
Never too late to start.
(insert Href to hermetic.com)
Tao, as a route may change, changes me
in and out of subtle ways as ways go.

Aye, mine eyes change without changing
as they move round inside their orbits.

As an atheist, as a theist, I find myself.
I see myself seeing. There being.
God and gods and no gods nor God.

At times a map is able to be the territory.
As a cartographer, I find, map-making fun.

Life is pun.
It's a play on words.

Words are known to make a difference.

Without words, one may find worth and ships,
yet what could be said in the process
would be left unsaid.
noname
2015-04-24 09:16:46 UTC
Post by {:-])))
Post by Bassos
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
the God named Certainty is worshiped by those who are afraid to
admit that what comes next is beyond their own control, and who cringe
behind the skirts of their God instead of accepting what is.
How certain are you that worship is false ?
I am missing all the replies to this post.
I don't recall there being any.
I didn't send a reply, and I don't see any replies from others. I did
read the post; replying to it was not next.
Post by Bassos
Never too late to start.
(insert Href to hermetic.com)
Tao, as a route may change, changes me
in and out of subtle ways as ways go.
Aye, mine eyes change without changing
as they move round inside their orbits.
As an atheist, as a theist, I find myself.
I see myself seeing. There being.
God and gods and no gods nor God.
At times a map is able to be the territory.
As a cartographer, I find, map-making fun.
Life is pun.
It's a play on words.
Words are known to make a difference.
Without words, one may find worth and ships,
yet what could be said in the process
would be left unsaid.
There's a sign on a post on a road that I travel often, it says "Come
and worship the Lord with us!". What I think that means, when
translated into plain talk, is that somebody wants morons to come give
them money or some other stamp of approval for their preaching of what
the audience wants to hear.

I think that people who go around praising the merits of worship are
idiots. They probably think the same of me because I do not "worship"
the "Lord".

Nobody has ever been able to explain to me how "worship" is different
from ass-kissing slavery to a "God" made up by middlemen (priests) for
their own profit, or why a "God" would need to be worshiped unless it
was insufficient unto itself; they seem quite convinced that "worship"
is great and wonderful, I think they've been taken in by their own
desire to avoid responsibility, God-botherers are by nature bothersome,
end of story.
***@gmail.com
{:-])))
2015-04-24 12:08:49 UTC
Post by noname
Nobody has ever been able to explain to me how "worship" is different
from ass-kissing slavery to a "God" made up by middlemen (priests) for
their own profit, or why a "God" would need to be worshiped unless it
was insufficient unto itself; they seem quite convinced that "worship"
is great and wonderful, I think they've been taken in by their own
desire to avoid responsibility, God-botherers are by nature bothersome,
end of story.
I'm not very worshipful by nature.

There was one time, at a concert, where
I really enjoyed the music, so much so
that I found myself on my feet, applauding,
standing ovation. A very moving experience.

Some people feel a need to dance.
For some, praise is a natural expression.
They are moved by something.

To be so thrilled with life, with existence,
to love what is thought and felt to be the
Creator of good shit, it's, like, wow man,
totally far out.

So there's an explanation for you.

Whether you can relate to it
on any level other than seeing as you do
might be something of a sort to sort though.

It has nothing to do with ass-kissing slavery,
nor money making by the priests, for those who
see their God as being of great worth. Relation ships
vary however. Your worth ship is yours. Maybe you
don't value nor appreciate much of anything.
noname
2015-04-25 08:16:35 UTC
Post by {:-])))
Post by noname
[...]
Maybe the only useful kind of "worship" is to remain on the Way.
***@gmail.com
{:-])))
2015-04-25 12:56:32 UTC
Post by noname
Maybe the only useful kind of "worship" is to remain on the Way.
For you, that could be very true.

I tend not to "worship" Dao, God, nor much of anything.
Naturally, depending on what, "worship" means.

In terms of staying out of harm's way, it is worth
developing a relation ship
with Dao.

Such a ship
might not guarantee there'd be
no storms when one is at sea, however,
they would be easier to navigate when one is.

As with many words, the word, useful
can be what the sentence hinges on.
Aside from, "worship" that is.

If there is any usefulness
to be found in going to a play or symphony
or to dance and sing, then attending
events can be seen as useful.

Same with a lecture.
Or a sermon.
Etcetera.

If the Way
happens to lead one
inside a church, then, for that one
that is how the Way happens to go.

For about two billion people
Jesus is the Way.

Looking for numbers of atheists globally,
one source suggests almost half of China is atheistic.

If so, there might be a billion atheists to be found
who would say the Way has little if anything to do
with going to church, God, Jesus, etc.

The numbers remind me of TTC 1.1
wherein it can suggest how the Way is the Way
but it's not always exactly the same Way.

- paths differ
noname
2015-04-26 08:11:05 UTC
Post by {:-])))
Post by noname
Maybe the only useful kind of "worship" is to remain on the Way.
For you, that could be very true.
I tend not to "worship" Dao, God, nor much of anything.
Naturally, depending on what, "worship" means.
I think the word "worship" probably has very different meanings for
priests, for those who wish to be safely blessed so they can follow
their desires instead of the Way, for actual seekers after truth, and
for "God".

You mention the idea of worshiping Tao, which doesn't make much sense to
me since Tao is not alive to know the difference, or care.

To me, the idea of a "God" that soaks up the mindless adulation of
worshipers without instantly blasting them into their constituent parts
for recycling, that kind of "God" is either unworthy of the title, or is
patiently investing in their unrealized potential.
Post by {:-])))
In terms of staying out of harm's way, it is worth
developing a relation ship
with Dao.
You can hardly develop a "relationship" with Tao, any more than you can
develop a "relationship" with gravity; you might manage to learn not to
jump off cliffs, but that hardly qualifies as a "relationship" imo.
Post by {:-])))
Such a ship
might not guarantee there'd be
no storms when one is at sea, however,
they would be easier to navigate when one is.
If it was within my reach to show you how to understand Tao in a way
that would let you grasp the inherent truth pointed to by TTC-50, you
would realize in that instant that the sentence you just wrote is a
blatant statement of incomprehension, and you would awaken. Since that
is beyond my abilities, what I can say is that the phrase "might not
guarantee" is the crux of it.
Post by {:-])))
As with many words, the word, useful
can be what the sentence hinges on.
Aside from, "worship" that is.
If there is any usefulness
to be found in going to a play or symphony
or to dance and sing, then attending
events can be seen as useful.
Same with a lecture.
Or a sermon.
Etcetera.
Lectures are generally intended to increase the understanding of the
audience. Sermons are generally intended to increase the contents of
the hat. imo of course.
Post by {:-])))
If the Way
happens to lead one
inside a church, then, for that one
that is how the Way happens to go.
For about two billion people
Jesus is the Way.
I doubt that those two billion people have found the Way.
***@gmail.com
{:-])))
2015-04-26 13:14:24 UTC
Post by noname
Post by {:-])))
Post by noname
Maybe the only useful kind of "worship" is to remain on the Way.
For you, that could be very true.
I tend not to "worship" Dao, God, nor much of anything.
Naturally, depending on what, "worship" means.
I think the word "worship" probably has very different meanings for
priests, for those who wish to be safely blessed so they can follow
their desires instead of the Way, for actual seekers after truth, and
for "God".
You mention the idea of worshiping Tao, which doesn't make much sense to
me since Tao is not alive to know the difference, or care.
Please allow me to rephrase.
I tend not to "worship" anything much,
for example, remaining on the Way.

While remaining on the Way is certainly best,
it's not something I pay attention to as a ritual.

The phrase, "remain on the Way"
reminds me of what it can mean to ride a wave.

To be in the Zone would be to remain on the Way.

Others meanings and senses of the phrase
could also apply and be of use at times.
Post by {:-])))
In terms of staying out of harm's way, it is worth
developing a relation ship
with Dao.
You can hardly develop a "relationship" with Tao, any more than you can
develop a "relationship" with gravity; you might manage to learn not to
jump off cliffs, but that hardly qualifies as a "relationship" imo.
Again, a word has gotten in the way.

To develop a sense of balance
can mean to have a relationship with Earth,
with gravity, with Dao, with nature, with what is.

How I relate to gravity, in this sense,
is what keeps me from falling off the roof.

I respect it.
But I don't worship it.

At times I say it doesn't even exist.

As such, I'd say I respect spacetime curvature
in my neighborhood, locally, when on the roof,
so as to not end up falling, accelerating
toward the ground as a less on.
Post by noname
Post by {:-])))
Such a ship
might not guarantee there'd be
no storms when one is at sea, however,
they would be easier to navigate when one is.
If it was within my reach to show you how to understand Tao in a way
that would let you grasp the inherent truth pointed to by TTC-50, you
would realize in that instant that the sentence you just wrote is a
blatant statement of incomprehension, and you would awaken. Since that
is beyond my abilities, what I can say is that the phrase "might not
guarantee" is the crux of it.
A way I see TTC-50 is to transcend forms
of a tendency to identify with the physical.

In such a state of being, I am able to enter
water and not get wet.
Post by noname
Post by {:-])))
As with many words, the word, useful
can be what the sentence hinges on.
Aside from, "worship" that is.
If there is any usefulness
to be found in going to a play or symphony
or to dance and sing, then attending
events can be seen as useful.
Same with a lecture.
Or a sermon.
Etcetera.
Lectures are generally intended to increase the understanding of the
audience. Sermons are generally intended to increase the contents of
the hat. imo of course.
Yes. I am able to see your pov.
Post by noname
Post by {:-])))
If the Way
happens to lead one
inside a church, then, for that one
that is how the Way happens to go.
For about two billion people
Jesus is the Way.
I doubt that those two billion people have found the Way.
Semantics are often at play.

You may see how they have not.
They may insist on how they have.
noname
2015-04-27 11:27:31 UTC
Post by {:-])))
Post by noname
Post by {:-])))
Post by noname
Maybe the only useful kind of "worship" is to remain on the Way.
For you, that could be very true.
I tend not to "worship" Dao, God, nor much of anything.
Naturally, depending on what, "worship" means.
I think the word "worship" probably has very different meanings for
priests, for those who wish to be safely blessed so they can follow
their desires instead of the Way, for actual seekers after truth, and
for "God".
You mention the idea of worshiping Tao, which doesn't make much sense to
me since Tao is not alive to know the difference, or care.
Please allow me to rephrase.
I tend not to "worship" anything much,
for example, remaining on the Way.
Look to the directions toward which your mind moves, look to the way
your choices are made, observe these at every branching of possibility;
when you find that which is constant, you will know what it is that you
practice religiously, you will know the mode of your worship, the nature
of your God.
Post by {:-])))
While remaining on the Way is certainly best,
it's not something I pay attention to as a ritual.
Rituals are for those who pretend to religion at their own convenience;
they are quick and easy, readily slipped in between appointments, and
indicative of the practitioner's actual religion.
Post by {:-])))
The phrase, "remain on the Way"
reminds me of what it can mean to ride a wave.
To be in the Zone would be to remain on the Way.
If one is on the Way he will also be in the zone, and if one is in the
zone then his path has at least intersected with the Way, during his
time in the zone. The Way is where the zone leads.
Post by {:-])))
Others meanings and senses of the phrase
could also apply and be of use at times.
People can, and will, make up all manner of egregious horseshit whenever
they believe that doing so is to their advantage; others will believe
them when they see advantage for themselves in believing. Those who are
centered within the Way live so deeply in the zone that the concept of
advantage does not exist for them, except to tell them that those who
seek it abide outside the Way.
Post by {:-])))
In terms of staying out of harm's way, it is worth
developing a relation ship
with Dao.
You can hardly develop a "relationship" with Tao, any more than you can
develop a "relationship" with gravity; you might manage to learn not to
jump off cliffs, but that hardly qualifies as a "relationship" imo.
Again, a word has gotten in the way.
That's what words are for, isn't it? To get in the way and prevent the
understanding of those who cannot understand, while at the same time
ensuring the understanding of those who can?
Post by {:-])))
To develop a sense of balance
can mean to have a relationship with Earth,
with gravity, with Dao, with nature, with what is.
How I relate to gravity, in this sense,
is what keeps me from falling off the roof.
I respect it.
But I don't worship it.
At times I say it doesn't even exist.
I respect the rattlesnakes in my path, which means that I do *not*
ignore them when I know they are there.
Post by noname
Post by {:-])))
Such a ship
might not guarantee there'd be
no storms when one is at sea, however,
they would be easier to navigate when one is.
If it was within my reach to show you how to understand Tao in a way
that would let you grasp the inherent truth pointed to by TTC-50, you
would realize in that instant that the sentence you just wrote is a
blatant statement of incomprehension, and you would awaken. Since that
is beyond my abilities, what I can say is that the phrase "might not
guarantee" is the crux of it.
A way I see TTC-50 is to transcend forms
of a tendency to identify with the physical.
In such a state of being, I am able to enter
water and not get wet.
Nice theory I suppose, how does that work out for you?

I find that not entering water except when I need to get wet works out
swimmingly.
***@gmail.com
{:-])))
2015-04-27 14:58:06 UTC
Post by noname
Post by {:-])))
Post by noname
Post by {:-])))
Post by noname
[...]
This morning then, for breakfast,
as a doer, a be'er sounds good.

Making that two, for now.
Post by noname
Post by {:-])))
While remaining on the Way is certainly best,
it's not something I pay attention to as a ritual.
Rituals are for those who pretend to religion at their own convenience;
they are quick and easy, readily slipped in between appointments, and
indicative of the practitioner's actual religion.
As is not uncommon with words/names/ming,
the word, ritual, means something.

In the TTC, 1.2,
it is written: "ming ke ming fei chang ming"
which can be translated to mean how names,
such as ritual, are able to name, and yet,
what the name means in one case
or place or to one person is not
always the same eternally.

For me, quite often, I do yoga ritually,
along with exercise as a matter of course.

Almost every day, stretching, relaxing, sitting,
exerting myself and other stuff is done.

It's a form of how my world is tied, retied,
and is my religion of sorts. I don't pretend to do.
It's simply what I do how I do what I do.
Post by noname
Post by {:-])))
The phrase, "remain on the Way"
reminds me of what it can mean to ride a wave.
To be in the Zone would be to remain on the Way.
If one is on the Way he will also be in the zone,
Okay.
Post by noname
and if one is in the
zone then his path has at least intersected with the Way, during his
time in the zone. The Way is where the zone leads.
Yes. I appreciate that mode very much.
And am in that place basically most all the time.
But not always.

Here again, between zone and Zone
there can be, for me, made a difference.

I don't worship being in the Zone.
When I am, I am. When I'm not, I'm not.

When I walk, I walk, and am in the zone,
assuming I don't trip over something.

When I'm in the Zone, otoh, it's Way cool.

When I'm not in the Zone, it's okay.

When I'm not in the zone, when I can't walk,
that's a bad trip. And a place I don't want to be.

Thus, I'd say, for me, there's an anti-worship
sort of place or deal or head-space.

When I'm down, bummed out, I don't like it.
And so I wiggle and squirm and try to return
to being in what I'd call, in this case, the zone.

To try and get into the Zone, with a capital Z,
is not worshipped, but is most useful at times.

To win the game, to ride the wave, etc.
Post by noname
Post by {:-])))
Others meanings and senses of the phrase
could also apply and be of use at times.
People can, and will, make up all manner of egregious horseshit whenever
they believe that doing so is to their advantage; others will believe
them when they see advantage for themselves in believing.
Sounds like what you have in mind
when you speak of church, and pastors, and such.
Post by noname
Those who are
centered within the Way live so deeply in the zone that the concept of
advantage does not exist for them,
That resonates with me.
Post by noname
except to tell them that those who
seek it abide outside the Way.
I don't normally speak of the Way, except
to folks who are interested in Dao, specifically.

I wouldn't go telling my wife's pastor
that he's an asshole for taking up a donation
because he has a church to administer.

Business is business.
Maybe it left a bad memory in your experience.

Businesses can be seen to have minds of their own.
A new word, egregore, may speak to this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egregore

Church business is what busy church people attend to.
To condemn them, and all such, might be what you do.

Or, to simply see, Desire, as being a bad thing.
Post by noname
Post by {:-])))
In terms of staying out of harm's way, it is worth
developing a relation ship
with Dao.
You can hardly develop a "relationship" with Tao, any more than you can
develop a "relationship" with gravity; you might manage to learn not to
jump off cliffs, but that hardly qualifies as a "relationship" imo.
Again, a word has gotten in the way.
That's what words are for, isn't it? To get in the way and prevent the
understanding of those who cannot understand, while at the same time
ensuring the understanding of those who can?
In some schools of thought, yes.
Esoteric thought was for initiates only.

Hidden in plain sight, others did not fear.
What is occult is hidden, by definition.
Post by noname
Post by {:-])))
To develop a sense of balance
can mean to have a relationship with Earth,
with gravity, with Dao, with nature, with what is.
How I relate to gravity, in this sense,
is what keeps me from falling off the roof.
I respect it.
But I don't worship it.
At times I say it doesn't even exist.
I respect the rattlesnakes in my path, which means that I do *not*
ignore them when I know they are there.
Reminds me of a story.

I happened to stop along the trail, being all one
with everything and everything, removing a gnat
that had gotten lodged in my chest-hair.

Then, looking down, I saw a snake at my feet.
It was very long, many feet (without having any).
I said to myself, perhaps out loud, oh, a snake.
A large snake. And my eyes scanned its length.

When I got to its rattle, an involuntary Whoa!
happened to emerge from my lungs and mouth.

The snake did nothing. It was simply worshipping
the Sun, as snakes are known to do. Absorbing rays,
as I, also, was known to do.

Ignoring it was the next thing.
As it was ignoring me.

They do not attack, yet will defend themselves.
Don't corner them and all will be well.

The Sage can ignore many things
and not get bit in the process.
Post by noname
Post by {:-])))
Such a ship
might not guarantee there'd be
no storms when one is at sea, however,
they would be easier to navigate when one is.
If it was within my reach to show you how to understand Tao in a way
that would let you grasp the inherent truth pointed to by TTC-50, you
would realize in that instant that the sentence you just wrote is a
blatant statement of incomprehension, and you would awaken. Since that
is beyond my abilities, what I can say is that the phrase "might not
guarantee" is the crux of it.
A way I see TTC-50 is to transcend forms
of a tendency to identify with the physical.
In such a state of being, I am able to enter
water and not get wet.
Nice theory I suppose, how does that work out for you?
The me that enters water
is not the me that gets wet.

It works very well, in fact, and in myth.
Post by noname
I find that not entering water except when I need to get wet works out
swimmingly.
At times, when there is water, I cross over.
Streams, for me, being barefoot, are not a problem.

Streams of thought as wells
often carry me for a spell at times.
Bassos
2015-04-28 10:57:03 UTC
Post by noname
Post by {:-])))
Post by noname
Post by {:-])))
Post by noname
[...]
Wait a minute.

That is actually kinda nice.

Are you on purpose behaving extra abrasive ?

What is the nature of your god ?
Mine is curiosity.

And cats have nine lives ;)
Post by noname
Post by {:-])))
While remaining on the Way is certainly best,
it's not something I pay attention to as a ritual.
Rituals are for those who pretend to religion at their own convenience;
Yes.
Indeed.

However;
Religion ? phooey!
You meant faith and worship, but ok fine.

Rituals are something done to enhance the appreciation of what happens.

Being against them is foolish.

Are you ritually being against rituals ?
Post by noname
they are quick and easy,
Heh.

Not so much.

A ritual can be as elaborate as you make it.

Think the entire universe as a part in a greater ritual.
Post by noname
readily slipped in between appointments, and
indicative of the practitioner's actual religion.
Heh.

You indicate only what you yourself sees as what rituals are.

That you think bullshit can be easily remedied by presenting you with an
elaborate ritual.

As a first step in this ritual, you need to read liber 31, the book of
seniors and the kybalion.

When you have done so, report back, and we can start with the actual
preparations for the ritual.
noname
***@gmail.com
Bassos

Refine your game, IT is siriuously lacking in style.
noname
2015-04-30 10:45:20 UTC
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
Look to the directions toward which your mind moves, look to the way
your choices are made, observe these at every branching of possibility;
when you find that which is constant, you will know what it is that you
practice religiously, you will know the mode of your worship, the nature
of your God.
Wait a minute.
That is actually kinda nice.
Are you on purpose behaving extra abrasive ?
Fuck off, moron.
Heh.
Somewhat obvious.
Refine your game, IT is siriuously lacking in style.
I don't much care for games. That's why I told you to fuck off.

***@gmail.com
Bassos
2015-05-01 13:29:27 UTC
Post by noname
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
Look to the directions toward which your mind moves, look to the way
your choices are made, observe these at every branching of
possibility;
when you find that which is constant, you will know what it is that you
practice religiously, you will know the mode of your worship, the nature
of your God.
Wait a minute.
That is actually kinda nice.
Are you on purpose behaving extra abrasive ?
Fuck off, moron.
Heh.
Somewhat obvious.
Refine your game, IT is siriuously lacking in style.
I don't much care for games.
Ah, yes, you take these games far too seriously.
Post by noname
That's why I told you to fuck off.
Nah, that is you playing your game.
Post by noname
"As a first step in this ritual, you need to read liber 31, the book of
seniors and the kybalion."
Is that in an indication that you have offcourse already read source
documents of such stature, so my suggestion that you should start
reading source docs is ridiculous ?

Or perhaps the far less sunny side of interpretation:
You have indeed not read those, nor many other source documents, and are
mostly just angry.

Anger comes from confinement to viewpoints.

The feelings themselves are not angry or happy, they just are.

Your choice to go for the angry viewpoint indicates that you have
confined yourself into a worldview where what happens is not always
wonderful and exciting.

Coz, how else would you yourself typify behaviour of what you wrote to
what i wrote ?

You could have tried tit for tat, with some bits of uplifting behaviour
for free.

Perhaps you are just too busy to write something thoughtful and nice.

That is because brusk and rude is way easier, until you meet someone who
is brusker and ruder than you.

Good training, i guess.
noname
2015-05-02 09:39:38 UTC
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
Post by noname
[...]
"Nice" is seldom thoughtful. Good fortune in your pursuits... which is
a "nice" enough thing to say, but useless; your fortune will be as it must.
***@gmail.com
Bassos
2015-05-04 00:43:30 UTC
Post by noname
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
Post by noname
[...]
Nice and thoughtful are separate categories.

That is why i wrote thoughtful *AND* nice.

If you consider them beasties to not occur together often:
Great opportunity to show how that works just fine.
Post by noname
Good fortune in your pursuits...
That is a curse.
Post by noname
which is
a "nice" enough thing to say, but useless; your fortune will be as it must.
That is nice in the 'may you live in interesting times, have many
employees and always find what you are looking for' ways of nice.
noname
2015-05-04 10:35:58 UTC
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
Post by noname
which is
a "nice" enough thing to say, but useless; your fortune will be as it must.
That is nice in the 'may you live in interesting times, have many
employees and always find what you are looking for' ways of nice.
"Nice" is not my problem. I am not in charge of "nice". Or of anything
else for that matter, aside from every step I take with foot or mind,
which as it turns out is about all I'm capable of.

If you want "nice" maybe a trip to Disneyland is in order, for all the
good that will do. It's my observation that "nice" is too often a lie
for it to be any sort of useful touchstone. "Nice" is basically
irrelevant unless you are playing a polite game of white-lies-for-smiles.

Fuck "nice", I have no time to spend taking steps backward on the path
for the sake of "nice".

If you want to discuss something relevant, something useful, please feel
free to point our discussion toward your interest; if you want to talk
to "a nice man" you'll need to fuck off away from me and go find someone
who suits your preconceived notions.

They might not be of much help on the Way, but if you're concerned with
"nice", it isn't much evident that you care about the Way.

May every stone catch your foot and trip you, may all your expectations
turn to crap, may everything go more wrong than you ever thought
possible, until finally you put together all the clues they have
delivered to you, and awaken.
***@gmail.com
Bassos
2015-05-04 11:19:16 UTC
Post by noname
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
Post by noname
which is
a "nice" enough thing to say, but useless; your fortune will be as it must.
That is nice in the 'may you live in interesting times, have many
employees and always find what you are looking for' ways of nice.
"Nice" is not my problem.
Nor mine.

Well, i started out kinda nice, am still kinda nice.

In between there was a period of not so nice.

Not so nice drives people away due to behaviour.

I tend to just drive people away due to content.

The content driven away is way later than the rude version.

Like you experience right here.

Kinda nice, right ?

Still, i made a kinda promise; until you met me.

Ruder and more informed, and smarter, and King.

So, wanna go dish IT out, and see who is left standing ?
(yes i notice the cruelty)
Post by noname
I am not in charge of "nice".
You ARE in charge of the way you yourself act nice.

Nice can be cruel, just choose your battles.
Post by noname
Or of anything else for that matter,
Oh noes.

Have you given up ?
Post by noname
aside from every step I take with foot or mind,
which as it turns out is about all I'm capable of.
Kicking an invalid, well, i feel fine about that.

It is not your legs that cannot feel i kick.

It is the mind that needs joy i awaken.
Post by noname
If you want "nice" maybe a trip to Disneyland is in order,
No dude.

I find nice in a a storm.

That is what you are engaging me for, is it not ?
Post by noname
for all the good that will do.
A family experience to tighten the bonds that spawned us.
Seems ok.

I feel like you are opening up, and i am shitting all over that.

Sorry dude.

You seem messed up.
Post by noname
It's my observation that "nice" is too often a lie
for it to be any sort of useful touchstone.
I am being nice to you right now.
Post by noname
"Nice" is basically irrelevant unless you are playing a polite game of white-lies-for-smiles.
Nonsense.

i am nice to people around me, because that makes everybody nicer.

I am the universe, so i am nice, coz all partz are me anyway.
Post by noname
Fuck "nice", I have no time to spend taking steps backward on the path
for the sake of "nice".
Are you dying this year ?
Post by noname
If you want to discuss something relevant, something useful, please feel
free to point our discussion toward your interest; if you want to talk
to "a nice man" you'll need to fuck off away from me and go find someone
who suits your preconceived notions.
See above, loads of interesting points of reference.
Post by noname
They might not be of much help on the Way, but if you're concerned with
"nice", it isn't much evident that you care about the Way.
I'd carry you across the stream, even if you are presenting yourself as
a fucking sissy.
Post by noname
May every stone catch your foot and trip you, may all your expectations
turn to crap, may everything go more wrong than you ever thought
possible, until finally you put together all the clues they have
delivered to you, and awaken.
Hey, did you not catch my alt.magick post that doing healing without
permission seems very much akin to black magick ?

Giving me a blessing is in the same category.

keep your wishes to yourself.

I do kinda like the way you transformed the chinese version of a curse
into a hermetic version of a blessing (brake a leg), yet both are black
magick, where i look.

Is this a sneaky way to ask me to heal you ?

I can in fact teach you to heal your body, but my healing extended for
only 1 year, when last two times i did that.
noname
2015-05-04 11:20:32 UTC
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
Post by noname
May every stone catch your foot and trip you, may all your expectations
turn to crap, may everything go more wrong than you ever thought
possible, until finally you put together all the clues they have
delivered to you, and awaken.
Hey, did you not catch my alt.magick post that doing healing without
permission seems very much akin to black magick ?
Giving me a blessing is in the same category.
keep your wishes to yourself.
I do kinda like the way you transformed the chinese version of a curse
into a hermetic version of a blessing (brake a leg), yet both are black
magick, where i look.
Is this a sneaky way to ask me to heal you ?
I can in fact teach you to heal your body, but my healing extended for
only 1 year, when last two times i did that.
You just made yourself clear; goodbye.
***@gmail.com
Bassos
2015-05-04 11:36:57 UTC
Post by noname
Post by Bassos
Is this a sneaky way to ask me to heal you ?
I can in fact teach you to heal your body, but my healing extended for
only 1 year, when last two times i did that.
You just made yourself clear; goodbye.
Heh.

I can in fact.
it is called bodily awareness training.

Specific ailments have specific training.

If you have indeed already given up,

well no wonder you say goodbye.

No worries mate.

After death you will feel fine, even though sad that you missed this
opportunity, mainly due to your pride.

If you are already death anyway (like anyone else alive)

Might aswell reduce symptoms by using your mind.

But then again, you wrote goodbye.

If you now want my help anyway:

Just ask me.
<- King of alt.magick.

Kings give help when asked.
liaM
2015-05-04 15:11:12 UTC
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
Post by Bassos
Is this a sneaky way to ask me to heal you ?
I can in fact teach you to heal your body, but my healing extended for
only 1 year, when last two times i did that.
You just made yourself clear; goodbye.
Heh.
I can in fact.
it is called bodily awareness training.
Specific ailments have specific training.
If you have indeed already given up,
well no wonder you say goodbye.
No worries mate.
After death you will feel fine, even though sad that you missed this
opportunity, mainly due to your pride.
If you are already death anyway (like anyone else alive)
Might aswell reduce symptoms by using your mind.
But then again, you wrote goodbye.
Just ask me.
<- King of alt.magick.
Kings give help when asked.
You hit the noname on the head, Bassos. He is peculiarly lacking,
not in self-assurance nor of coherence of mind or of knowledge of
material things, but of the joy of things and of life.

Trust me, Bassos. Kicks in the butt = nada, hangdog
is hangdog.
Bassos
2015-05-04 15:24:59 UTC
Post by liaM
You hit the noname on the head, Bassos.
Parasites should be squelched.

If you are me.

You seem very parasitic, with this bashing an invalid.

Want me to hit YOU on the head ?

You fucktard.
liaM
2015-05-04 15:50:50 UTC
Post by Bassos
Post by liaM
You hit the noname on the head, Bassos.
Parasites should be squelched.
If you are me.
You seem very parasitic, with this bashing an invalid.
Want me to hit YOU on the head ?
You fucktard.
Thanks for the hit. As to "parasitic" - if you say so,
whatever it means :)
Bassos
2015-05-04 16:01:51 UTC
Post by liaM
Post by Bassos
Post by liaM
You hit the noname on the head, Bassos.
Parasites should be squelched.
If you are me.
You seem very parasitic, with this bashing an invalid.
Want me to hit YOU on the head ?
You fucktard.
Thanks for the hit.
No problem.

Fucktards are everywhere.
Post by liaM
As to "parasitic" - if you say so,
whatever it means :)
That means that you behave like a soul sucking leech that considers weak
targets prime real estate.

Fucktard.
liaM
2015-05-04 16:13:42 UTC
Post by Bassos
Post by liaM
Post by liaM
As to "parasitic" - if you say so,
whatever it means :)
That means that you behave like a soul sucking leech that considers weak
targets prime real estate.
Fucktard.
weak ?

Lack of self-awareness doesn't make someone weak, quite the
contrary. Refusing other's views of one's self is a prime defense,
almost impenetrable. Personally I see nothing weak about Noname...
Bassos
2015-05-04 16:25:46 UTC
Post by liaM
Post by Bassos
Post by liaM
Post by liaM
As to "parasitic" - if you say so,
whatever it means :)
That means that you behave like a soul sucking leech that considers weak
targets prime real estate.
Fucktard.
weak ?
Laughably weak.
Post by liaM
Lack of self-awareness doesn't make someone weak,
You noob.
Post by liaM
quite the contrary.
You total and utter friggin noob.
Post by liaM
Refusing other's views of one's self is a prime defense,
Heh.

Defense against nubishness that was futile.
Post by liaM
almost impenetrable. Personally I see nothing weak about Noname.
Heh.

Misdirection noted and thus negated.

Friggin noob.
liaM

RIP
Bassos
2015-05-04 17:12:47 UTC
Post by liaM
Post by Bassos
Post by liaM
Post by Bassos
Post by liaM
Post by liaM
almost impenetrable. Personally I see nothing weak about Noname.
Heh.
Misdirection noted and thus negated.
Friggin noob.
Exeunt, Bassos !
RIP
Friggin stupidity negated again.

I must be a real Sage, with all this unnecessary caring.

King wins, again, double kill!
{:-])))
2015-05-05 12:53:44 UTC
Post by Bassos
I must be a real Sage, with all this unnecessary caring.
The Real Sage is within each
so-called individual.

As is the Real Teacher, the Guru.

Such is a pov I like.

In the Chuang-tzu,
Zhuangzi et al describe various aspects
of the Real Deal.

Source materials indicate sheng-jen,
as well as shen-jen, chih-jen, chen-jen
plus one or two other terms for the
Perfect Man, True Man, Spirit-man, etc.

To be a real Sage one may be as one is
when being a real Sage.

One might be many things, non-things,
things-beyond-things, and sew forth.

One could be a real Adversary.

- at times
noname
2015-05-07 14:19:50 UTC
Post by liaM
Post by Bassos
Post by liaM
Post by liaM
As to "parasitic" - if you say so,
whatever it means :)
That means that you behave like a soul sucking leech that considers weak
targets prime real estate.
Fucktard.
weak ?
Lack of self-awareness doesn't make someone weak, quite the
contrary. Refusing other's views of one's self is a prime defense,
almost impenetrable. Personally I see nothing weak about Noname...
That's because you see nothing at all, everything you think you see is
dredged up from some vast pit of delusion where you reign supreme.
***@gmail.com
liaM
Walled-in, with blinds wide shut. Come and get me :)
Julian
2015-05-04 20:49:11 UTC
Post by Bassos
Post by liaM
Post by liaM
As to "parasitic" - if you say so,
whatever it means :)
That means that you behave like a soul sucking leech that considers weak
targets prime real estate.
Fucktard.
Having a pop at Liam reminds me of the great comment
by General Patton about going to war without the French.
He said "It's like going Deer hunting without an accordian!"
Bassos
2015-05-07 11:57:09 UTC
Post by Julian
Post by Bassos
Post by liaM
Post by liaM
As to "parasitic" - if you say so,
whatever it means :)
That means that you behave like a soul sucking leech that considers weak
targets prime real estate.
Fucktard.
Having a pop at Liam reminds me of the great comment
by General Patton about going to war without the French.
He said "It's like going Deer hunting without an accordian!"
Is that an invitation to come over to a religious newsgroup to destroy
the opinions of the people who read there ?

Magick >> religion.

I kinda like some parts of the TTC (or ddc)
What do you like about liber al ?
What do you like about hinduism ?
What do you like about the bride's reception ?

Are clothes something where you can choose your garments ?

Have you ever been in a sirius storm, and just loved the experience ?

Daoism is so passive.
Taoism is active, alive and well ... ;_)

What's in a phoneme ?

Destruction of partial viewpoints is easy peasy.

I tend to restrict that to alt.magick

Trolls tend to be squelched pretty fast aswell.

Then again:
Side effects include:

Enjoy the silence.

It's that krishnamurti followers thingy.

Easiest choice is to be abrasive enough to not create followers, yet
informative enough to change people.
liaM
I prefer gnomes, why shouldn't you?
Bassos
2015-05-07 14:19:28 UTC
Post by liaM
Post by Bassos
Post by Julian
Post by Bassos
Post by liaM
Post by liaM
[...]
You keep on prezenting stupidity.

You could attempt something you actually mean.

Ohr are ya scared ?
liaM
When a Gnome is a Ko-an, it is fearless.
Bassos
2015-05-10 13:05:14 UTC
Post by liaM
Post by Bassos
You keep on prezenting stupidity.
You could attempt something you actually mean.
Ohr are ya scared ?
When a Gnome is a Ko-an, it is fearless.
That means: yes you are a scared little fucktard.

You could do better.

/whois 'your god' ;

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdta4_babylon-zoo-spaceman_news
liaM
Yeah.. yeah.. yeah...
Bassos
2015-05-10 14:45:35 UTC
Post by liaM
Post by Bassos
Post by liaM
Post by Bassos
You keep on prezenting stupidity.
You could attempt something you actually mean.
Ohr are ya scared ?
When a Gnome is a Ko-an, it is fearless.
That means: yes you are a scared little fucktard.
You could do better.
/whois 'your god' ;
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdta4_babylon-zoo-spaceman_news
Yeah.. yeah.. yeah...
Actual demonstration of a mind having been blown.

yes. yes. yes.

Obvious, really.
oxtail
2015-05-09 12:17:37 UTC
Post by Bassos
Post by liaM
Post by Bassos
Post by Bassos
Post by liaM
Post by liaM
[...]
Mind your manners, please.
I'll be removing alt.magick from the header.
If you are still interested in what I think about your posts,
you must be doing something wrong with your life.
Bassos
2015-05-10 10:43:12 UTC
Post by oxtail
Post by Bassos
Post by liaM
Post by Bassos
Post by Bassos
Post by liaM
Post by liaM
[...]
Wrote the sycophant.
Post by oxtail
I'll be removing alt.magick from the header.
Nice, thanks dude.
Post by oxtail
If you are still interested in what I think about your posts,
you must be doing something wrong with your life.
yes yes, your idea's are so muck below mine that it seems only
reasonable that you would consider me uninterested in your opinions.

As a mage it is important to have conversations with less enlightened
people to keep a balance.

I do not read any NG besides AM, so good luck with your life and such
meaningless curses.
Julian
You reckon you could do that?
Bassos
2015-05-10 10:29:52 UTC
Post by Julian
Post by Bassos
Is that an invitation to come over to a religious newsgroup to destroy
the opinions of the people who read there ?
You reckon you could do that?
Religion is the activity of people coming together to do something.

What they claim to do together is acting devout or somesuch nonsense.

What they really do together is not so much faith inspired.

From the viewpoint of magick, religion is a crutch.

Yes it is useful to experience community, togethernessi, and faith
inspired visions.

That does not actually change you all that much though.

Real change comes from daily work.

Easy peasy to demonstrate that people in a buddhist newsgroup all
completely wantz themz ten thousand thingz.
Then have Zen people publicly agree with me, and destroy them for being
a twat in dancing on corpses while they should be zen-ish.
Then have the actual somewhat active posters jump in to proclaim:
(in a zenny way ofcourse) that it is quite alright to participate anyway.

Making themselves fools in the eyes of the people who read there for
enjoyment, and so their newsgroup gets dimmer and dimmer.

Until i remove myself from the conversation, and the light goes out.

Kinda a template way to ward of unwanted intrusions, while keeping the
door open for welcome guests.

Not that i did such a thing or anything like that yet.

I can though.

So sure.
Julian
Go ahead.
Bassos
2015-05-10 11:07:24 UTC
Post by Julian
Post by Bassos
Post by Julian
Post by Bassos
Is that an invitation to come over to a religious newsgroup to destroy
the opinions of the people who read there ?
You reckon you could do that?
Religion is the activity of people coming together to do something.
What they claim to do together is acting devout or somesuch nonsense.
What they really do together is not so much faith inspired.
From the viewpoint of magick, religion is a crutch.
[...]
You really do not understand what just happened to the people reading
the buddhist newsgroups you posted this to, right ?

Alt.magick is open for new recruits.

Us Kings of alt.magick can always use moar kings of alt.magick.

Learn to destroy your enemies yourself, you lazy fucktards.
Julian
Destroy my "enemies?" No way. Why would I want them not to suffer?
Bassos
2015-05-11 03:49:43 UTC
Post by Julian
Post by Bassos
Post by Julian
Post by Bassos
Post by Julian
Post by Bassos
Is that an invitation to come over to a religious newsgroup to destroy
the opinions of the people who read there ?
You reckon you could do that?
Religion is the activity of people coming together to do something.
What they claim to do together is acting devout or somesuch nonsense.
What they really do together is not so much faith inspired.
From the viewpoint of magick, religion is a crutch.
[...]
You are posting to a buddhist or taoist newsgroup.

Destroying your enemies is showering them with mercy.

A proper enemy is a difficult thing to find.

Your preposterous idea of letting your enemies suffer, dude, enemies are
to be treasured.

A real challenge to change someone's viewpoint and a real challenge to
your own viewpoints.

Even God understood that particular bit of beauty.
ie; Samael; the accuser.

Dance with the devil and the devil don't change; the devil changes you.
And thank hir very much for that.
Julian
2015-05-11 09:14:07 UTC
Post by Bassos
Post by Julian
Post by Bassos
Post by Julian
Post by Bassos
Post by Julian
Post by Bassos
Is that an invitation to come over to a religious newsgroup to destroy
the opinions of the people who read there ?
You reckon you could do that?
Religion is the activity of people coming together to do something.
What they claim to do together is acting devout or somesuch nonsense.
What they really do together is not so much faith inspired.
From the viewpoint of magick, religion is a crutch.
[...]
I see it as a question of manners.

As Bill Horman used to say "Manners Maketh Man."

I see it as churlish to deny even "enemies" the fruits of their labour.
Julian
2015-05-11 09:20:56 UTC
Post by Bassos
Post by Julian
Post by Bassos
Post by Julian
Post by Bassos
Post by Julian
Post by Bassos
Is that an invitation to come over to a religious newsgroup to destroy
the opinions of the people who read there ?
You reckon you could do that?
Religion is the activity of people coming together to do something.
What they claim to do together is acting devout or somesuch nonsense.
What they really do together is not so much faith inspired.
From the viewpoint of magick, religion is a crutch.
[...]
ps. That is incorrect. In this instance
I posted to alt.buddha.short.fat.guy.
Bassos
2015-05-11 15:09:16 UTC
Post by Julian
Post by Bassos
Post by Julian
Post by Bassos
Post by Julian
Post by Bassos
Post by Julian
Post by Bassos
Is that an invitation to come over to a religious newsgroup to destroy
the opinions of the people who read there ?
You reckon you could do that?
Religion is the activity of people coming together to do something.
What they claim to do together is acting devout or somesuch nonsense.
What they really do together is not so much faith inspired.
From the viewpoint of magick, religion is a crutch.
[...]
alt.BUDDHA.whatever.

Even if you are against buddhism, you still behave religious.

Coz what is there to be against ?

Gautama seems to actually have been a pretty kewl dude.

If you actually want to be against something;

krsna versus Arjuna at the battle of Kuruk-etc.
The one where Arjuna chooses between a bigger army, ohr :

The force personified on his side.

For my ally is the force, and a mighty ally she is.
Shekinah,

And Arjuna wins, by killing his friends/family and their army.

Referenced here is of course the Bhagavad Gita.

I reckon any serious student of reality would have already read that.

Then again, how many seekers turn out to be serious ?
Just a few :)

Just read the friggin book, it is not too long or somesuch, like the
veda's are.

You even want a link to a readable version of the book ?
You fucking lazy fucktards.

The point of finding things out for yourself is the point of existence.

Bhagavad gita as it is, for a google search.
{:-])))
2015-05-11 15:33:55 UTC
Post by Bassos
how many seekers turn out to be serious ?
Within
a game being
played
for blood

Beyond
a game being
Being serious
at play

I've seen you play, once,
at least, on a YouTube video you
presented for a spell.

Much fun. Mulch fun!

Within a game, playing serious.
Serious play.

Know doubts.

Those of Great Faith
have none. Not even One.

For Arjuna to have known him Self
as Being Krishna, he would have.

Had to have.

Known.

The Great Dream Drama.

Awakening,
within a dream, One may.
Say, so two-speak, to
an other caricature.

- cheers!
Bassos
2015-05-11 15:49:28 UTC
Post by {:-])))
Post by Bassos
how many seekers turn out to be serious ?
Within
a game being
played
for blood
Beyond
a game being
Being serious
at play
I've seen you play, once,
at least, on a YouTube video you
presented for a spell.
Much fun. Mulch fun!
Do you know/understand where:"Much Wow" comes from ?
Hint: no world of warcraft.
Post by {:-])))
Within a game, playing serious.
Serious play.
The only way to play.
'lest it insults a proper opponent'.
Post by {:-])))
Know doubts.
Doubts siege(!) to be relevant when having pierced the veil.
(not really a veil, moar a crystal barrier)
Post by {:-])))
Those of Great Faith
have none. Not even One.
Fucking fools.

You reference the 'after death absorption' into the light.

So religious of you ;)
Post by {:-])))
For Arjuna to have known him Self
as Being Krishna, he would have.
Had to have.
Known.
The Great Dream Drama.
Nah dude.
The point is that Arjuna did not know, and therefore his choice was
relevant.

Are your choices relevant ?
Post by {:-])))
Awakening,
within a dream, One may.
Say, so two-speak, to
an other caricature.
- cheers!
You did not describe me yet(ti)

Wanna go for claiming that you also did not intend to do so ?
{:-])))
2015-05-11 20:30:26 UTC
Post by Bassos
Post by {:-])))
Post by Bassos
how many seekers turn out to be serious ?
Within
a game being
played
for blood
Beyond
a game being
Being serious
at play
I've seen you play, once,
at least, on a YouTube video you
presented for a spell.
Much fun. Mulch fun!
Do you know/understand where:"Much Wow" comes from ?
Hint: no world of warcraft.
Wow, or Much Wow, suggests to me
a form or instance of being astonished.

It would be, like, totally.
And would be different from, oh wow, man.

Much Wow would be akin to being Most Excellent.

Does it come from Bill and Ted?

Seriously. I have no idea what you point to.
Post by {:-])))
For Arjuna to have known him Self
as Being Krishna, he would have.
Had to have.
Known.
The Great Dream Drama.
Nah dude.
The point is that Arjuna did not know, and therefore his choice was
relevant.
He played his part as Krishna playing
at being Arjuna at the time.

That's an impression I got from the Gita.

All forms are forms of Self.
Krishna is an incarnation.
As each and every one is.

As a character in the Dream, Arjuna
did not know even though
Krishna was there
pointing.
Post by Bassos
Are your choices relevant ?
Within all seriousness of any game, yes.

When a game is over, maybe yes.

From another pov, no.
Post by Bassos
Post by {:-])))
Awakening,
within a dream, One may.
Say, so two-speak, to
an other caricature.
- cheers!
You did not describe me yet(ti)
Wanna go for claiming that you also did not intend to do so ?
I'd rather say that I did not answer the question
in terms of how many seekers turn out to be serious.

What occurs to me, in the process, is True Will
and how it may be similar to Te, Virtue/Power.

Words tend to be a box of frogs.

Words, such as God, Magick, and even Tao,
oddly, are able to conjure many impressions all
though they might have no might, will, nor power
of their own to sew dew.

I like to think in terms of how terms vary.

What you or noname or me or any body or soul
uses to express a point might point to the same point.

And, if that is true, then all say the same thing.
All may use different words with all their might.

Their might might make a difference.

Taoism may shed light on its own Way.
Less and less is said to be a how.

Much Wow may be found in an a-ha!

And then, laughter, at times.

And the seekers, who turned out
to be serious may have turned in to play.

Sat, Chit, Ananda may be a way.

Lila, Maya, Self, and others utter
most parts while on stages.
Bassos
2015-05-11 22:23:33 UTC
Post by {:-])))
Post by Bassos
Post by {:-])))
Post by Bassos
how many seekers turn out to be serious ?
Within
a game being
played
for blood
Beyond
a game being
Being serious
at play
I've seen you play, once,
at least, on a YouTube video you
presented for a spell.
Much fun. Mulch fun!
Do you know/understand where:"Much Wow" comes from ?
Hint: no world of warcraft.
Wow, or Much Wow, suggests to me
a form or instance of being astonished.
It would be, like, totally.
And would be different from, oh wow, man.
Much Wow would be akin to being Most Excellent.
Does it come from Bill and Ted?
Nah dude, yet Iron maiden; excellent!
<tidlelidlelidle>

On a more serious note:
Be excellent to each other!

And:

Post by {:-])))
Seriously. I have no idea what you point to.
I understand the reference, i just do not know where that originated.

It smells alot akin to all your base.
Post by {:-])))
Post by {:-])))
For Arjuna to have known him Self
as Being Krishna, he would have.
Had to have.
Known.
The Great Dream Drama.
Nah dude.
The point is that Arjuna did not know, and therefore his choice was
relevant.
He played his part as Krishna playing
at being Arjuna at the time.
Yeah yeah.

Wordsmithing is easy.
Post by {:-])))
That's an impression I got from the Gita.
Nah dude, from the Gita one begets the notion that doing anything is
done for that particular something, just becoz.
Post by {:-])))
All forms are forms of Self.
I am the Book of Verses.

Are you reminding me of me ?

Lemme remind you of me too:

Joy is everywhere.
Post by {:-])))
Krishna is an incarnation.
As each and every one is.
Are you as enlightened as me ?
Post by {:-])))
As a character in the Dream, Arjuna
did not know even though
Krishna was there
pointing.
Nah, Krsna was there being a jerk.
Like Kings are want to do.
Post by {:-])))
Post by Bassos
Are your choices relevant ?
Within all seriousness of any game, yes.
Really ?
Post by {:-])))
When a game is over, maybe yes.
Nah dude, playing is all of the fun, choices are to play or hide.
Post by {:-])))
From another pov, no.
Fuck that pov.
Post by {:-])))
Post by Bassos
Post by {:-])))
Awakening,
within a dream, One may.
Say, so two-speak, to
an other caricature.
- cheers!
You did not describe me yet(ti)
Wanna go for claiming that you also did not intend to do so ?
I'd rather say that I did not answer the question
in terms of how many seekers turn out to be serious.
Okay okay okay, you in fact do seem serious.

Sheesh, so much reinforcement these noobs beg for.
(wow, much wow)
Post by {:-])))
What occurs to me, in the process, is True Will
and how it may be similar to Te, Virtue/Power.
Not the stuck up thingy about True Will(tm) i hope.

Thou has no right but to do thy will.

I will stops and cries why, invoking the pit of because ...
Post by {:-])))
Words tend to be a box of frogs.
A new one for me, thanks dude.

Lemme understand the metaphor.

A box of frogs is something else because ?
Post by {:-])))
Words, such as God, Magick, and even Tao,
oddly, are able to conjure many impressions all
though they might have no might, will, nor power
of their own to sew dew.
Quite.

All numbers are infinite, there is no difference.
Post by {:-])))
I like to think in terms of how terms vary.
Do you now.

Interesting tidbit of info, right ? :)
Post by {:-])))
What you or noname or me or any body or soul
uses to express a point might point to the same point.
Is this you attempting to make peace ?

Noname and me are fine on my part.

Ofcourse he still needs to get it through his thick skull that magick is
real, and Kings can actually help.

Yet i already wrote to him what he needs to know.

So no more peace ?
Post by {:-])))
And, if that is true, then all say the same thing.
17 forevah!
Post by {:-])))
All may use different words with all their might.
Heh.

All my might, and then using that.

Funny.
Post by {:-])))
Their might might make a difference.
Nah dude, i prefer the peace-loving-quiet moves.
Post by {:-])))
Taoism may shed light on its own Way.
Inherently not true.
Daoism is not something that sheds light.
Daoism is something that peels away the darkness.

Like a noob.
Post by {:-])))
Less and less is said to be a how.
Much Wow may be found in an a-ha!
Kudos for an excellent comment.

AHA as a Pythagoras and AC reference, while on topic.

Well done sir.
Post by {:-])))
And then, laughter, at times.
AH ? HAHA ?
Post by {:-])))
And the seekers, who turned out
to be serious may have turned in to play.
Seeker was actually a trap.

I am not discussing the nature of this trap.
Post by {:-])))
Sat, Chit, Ananda may be a way.
Heh.

left right middle.
ida, pingala, and well, what's that third one ?
most parts while on stages.
{:-])))
2015-05-12 02:15:43 UTC
Post by Bassos
Post by {:-])))
Post by Bassos
Are you reminding me of me ?
http://youtu.be/eRm8qmM-DTg
Evokes Pink Floyd. Thanks!

In trying to recall specific songs, Animals
floated into view. Plus, maybe, Time,
along with other riffs.
Post by Bassos
Joy is everywhere.
For me, joy cycles.
At times there is no joy to be found.
At other times, certainly, it is all a round.
Post by Bassos
Post by {:-])))
Krishna is an incarnation.
As each and every one is.
Are you as enlightened as me ?
Perhaps with regard to some stuff.
I'm sure I'm not as to other things.
Post by Bassos
Post by {:-])))
Post by Bassos
Are your choices relevant ?
Within all seriousness of any game, yes.
Really ?
Certainly.
Zelda was a favorite of mine.
Link died more frequently than Ganon.
Post by Bassos
Post by {:-])))
Post by {:-])))
Words tend to be a box of frogs.
A new one for me, thanks dude.
Lemme understand the metaphor.
A box of frogs is something else because ?
It's a can of worms.

Lifting the lid off of either
may be what occurs when one speaks, writes,
two begin width.
Post by Bassos
Post by {:-])))
I like to think in terms of how terms vary.
Do you now.
Yes. Quite often. Especially in Usenet.
Post by Bassos
Interesting tidbit of info, right ? :)
I also like povs of povs.

Taking a view of views may take me
out of a particular pov and in
to another level of game
play across a board.
Post by Bassos
Post by {:-])))
What you or noname or me or any body or soul
uses to express a point might point to the same point.
Is this you attempting to make peace ?
It was an observation that arose
while researching Crowly a short while ago.

True Will
seemed to me to be similar
if not the same as what noname tends to suggest.

I know even less about Crowley than Buddhism.
Post by Bassos
Noname and me are fine on my part.
Ofcourse he still needs to get it through his thick skull that magick is
real, and Kings can actually help.
I think, for him, he knows that.

The words you use however,
and the words he tends to use, differ.

In other words, you might well both be saying
exactly the same thing using different jargon.

To a point.

Two can point at what is thought
as being the Moon. Assuming there is one.
Post by Bassos
Yet i already wrote to him what he needs to know.
So no more peace ?
I like to think you are both at peace.

I like to think lotsa stuff.
Post by Bassos
Post by {:-])))
Post by {:-])))
And then, laughter, at times.
AH ? HAHA ?
Seriously great laughter.
Post by Bassos
Post by {:-])))
Sat, Chit, Ananda may be a way.
Heh.
left right middle.
ida, pingala, and well, what's that third one ?
I don't recall. Wait. Sushumna!
It only took several minute minutes to crop up.

With Taoism, there may be a return cycle.
talishi
2015-05-12 02:24:27 UTC
Post by {:-])))
In trying to recall specific songs, Animals
floated into view. Plus, maybe, Time,
along with other riffs.
The Return of the Son of Nothing is kind of Daoist, based on the title
alone.

{:-])))
2015-05-12 13:21:09 UTC
Post by talishi
Post by {:-])))
In trying to recall specific songs, Animals
floated into view. Plus, maybe, Time,
along with other riffs.
The Return of the Son of Nothing is kind of Daoist, based on the title
alone.
http://youtu.be/FA-w4Px6DEY
Echo that my friend.

Many favorites. Great band.

Can't say how Daoist it is.
Although, much of it is instrumental.

Ontologically, Being is instrumental to beings.
As is Nonbeing to Being. So Fung says.

Between being instrumental, prosaic,
lyrical and poetic, notes can be struck,
resonate, reverberate and return
to a silence, almost seen.

As toast and flying toasters.

- cheers!
{:-])))
2015-05-12 18:45:54 UTC
Post by {:-])))
Post by Bassos
left right middle.
ida, pingala, and well, what's that third one ?
I don't recall. Wait. Sushumna!
It only took several minute minutes to crop up.
With Taoism, there may be a return cycle.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microcosmic_orbit

With Indian yoga, perhaps kundalini, energy may be lifted
up to and through the crown chakra and out the top
of one's head, so to speak.

With Inner Alchemy, it appears to me, energies flow.

Another thought involved more modern science.

A body has sensory and motor neurons.

Electrical impulses flow into the spine and up
to the brain and back down and out to the muscles.

Withdrawing electricity from peripherals
might be part of processes of enlightenment.

Allowing mud to settle as well
may produce clean water from a well.

True Will may well up.
One could well be.

Others, as wells, be two and three
and 10k-things, all in all.

Perfect, for a spell.

Ways are ways, and yet,
to arrive at, be in tune with, and follow
The Way mites involve serious play.
noname
2015-05-13 10:50:35 UTC
Post by {:-])))
Post by {:-])))
Post by Bassos
left right middle.
ida, pingala, and well, what's that third one ?
I don't recall. Wait. Sushumna!
It only took several minute minutes to crop up.
With Taoism, there may be a return cycle.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microcosmic_orbit
With Indian yoga, perhaps kundalini, energy may be lifted
up to and through the crown chakra and out the top
of one's head, so to speak.
With Inner Alchemy, it appears to me, energies flow.
Another thought involved more modern science.
A body has sensory and motor neurons.
Electrical impulses flow into the spine and up
to the brain and back down and out to the muscles.
Withdrawing electricity from peripherals
might be part of processes of enlightenment.
After all these years, you still mistake side-effects for causatives; go
figure.
Post by {:-])))
Allowing mud to settle as well
may produce clean water from a well.
True Will may well up.
One could well be.
Others, as wells, be two and three
and 10k-things, all in all.
Perfect, for a spell.
Ways are ways, and yet,
to arrive at, be in tune with, and follow
The Way mites involve serious play.
You might benefit from a spell of ingesting what alt.magick has to
offer; or, not.

The problem with magick is not that there is no magic, the world around
us is the accumulative result of continuous magic; the magic never
stops, literally: the world around you is the direct result of your own
practice, the result of the Way in which you (have) proceed(ed) through
your life directly to your present. Which is, incidentally, what
Gautama was talking about in the very first chapter of the Dhammapada,
"Choices", where he says, "All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world." People make up all sorts of
religious stuff about that, when it's a simple literal statement of the
truth of things: you picked it, of all the paths through all the
possible universes, you landed your own dumb ass right here. And the
whole message of Buddhism amounts to "stop whining about what you
*want*, suck it up and deal because you did it to yourself!", but people
insist on investing their fat asses on velveteen zafus and thinking of a
white dot on a black background and humming their favorite mantra and
all manner of stupid, religious, "practices", that are all just
manifestations of their own *desire* to be a Burger King and have it
their own damn way no matter what. They're already busy having it their
own way, fuck 'em if they're too dense to see it and move on.

The problem with magick is that it attempts to invest the power of magic
in specific forms, so it can be exercised "at will". They've already
Catch-22'ed themselves out of the game, by the very act of wanting magic
"at will". It's mistaking side-effects for causatives, then going
forward on the religious belief that the side-effects were really the
causatives... and it has to be "religious belief", because side-effects
are just that when taken as "fact". It's no more different from
superstition than modern man's nearly-absolute belief in the power of
"science".

Lose the desire for power, lose the desire for advantage over others (or
the world in general), and you'll find that you never needed it to begin
with. Once you awaken to the way things work, you won't need any
rituals or equipment, you won't even have to ask for what you think you
want, because you've always been smack in the middle of exactly what you
want(ed) even if you didn't/don't yet know it.
***@gmail.com
{:-])))
2015-05-13 11:58:00 UTC
Post by noname
Post by {:-])))
Withdrawing electricity from peripherals
might be part of processes of enlightenment.
After all these years, you still mistake side-effects for causatives;
go figure.
To think enlightenment is caused
or triggered might be what you're referring to.

When an a-ha! moment occurs, it occurs.

What the process was that led up to it
might involve doing nothing for a spell.

But not always.

Sitting, meditating, pondering, walking, doing
dishes, chopping wood, carrying water.

Enlightenment might be found in the mind,
inside one's head, in a stopping of thoughts
long enough for electricity to flow just so
an answer appears in view.

In a stream of consciousness
forks might float up to the surface.

On occasion.
{:-])))
2015-05-13 12:36:55 UTC
Post by noname
You might benefit from a spell of ingesting what alt.magick has to
offer; or, not.
What I got so far, was, at first, Crowley
was perplexed.

But that appears to have been a myth.

After having had some success with siddhis,
he realized they're a side-track.

What he called True Will, and Love,
seems to be the gist of his conclusions.

For him, as I now understand his teachings,
following Tao and Te is how to be.

Jargon varies.
Misinterpretations abound.
Post by noname
The problem with magick is not that there is no magic, the world around
us is the accumulative result of continuous magic; the magic never
stops, literally: the world around you is the direct result of your own
practice, the result of the Way in which you (have) proceed(ed) through
your life directly to your present.
What I'd mentioned previously, after Bassos
had mentioned ida, pingala, and asked of the third,
sushumna, in terms of enlightenment, raising energy
levels to a point, can be involved in Taoist yoga.

Inner alchemy. Nei Tan, or, neidan.

Realizing one's immortality
might be enlightening for some folks
who are under the impression they are only
physical/material/corporeal forms.

Techniques are able to be techniques.

To think there is only one Technique/Way
can be a thought that arises.
Post by noname
... Once you awaken to the way things work, you won't need any
rituals or equipment, you won't even have to ask for what you think you
want, because you've always been smack in the middle of exactly what you
want(ed) even if you didn't/don't yet know it.
With Taoism, for me, seeing physical
and non-physical aspects can be as coinage.

Heads and tails are two of at least five
dimensions of a coin of a realm.

Edges may be rough, smooth, or sharp,
and coins might spin or roll as well.

Lotsa words to play a round.
talishi
2015-05-14 00:42:09 UTC
Post by {:-])))
Heads and tails are two of at least five
dimensions of a coin of a realm.
Control the coinage and the courts
Let the rabble have the rest.

{:-])))
2015-05-12 21:36:10 UTC
Post by Bassos
Post by {:-])))
Post by Bassos
Are your choices relevant ?
From another pov, no.
Fuck that pov.
For me, a long-range view can be
the sort of things that is able to appease.

If in a few billion years Earth is toasted
by its star, the Sun, my choices may then appear
to have amounted to very little, if anything,
in that post red-giant phase.

If, prior to that demise, an asteroid strikes
and wipes people off the surface of this sphere
then my sphere of choices, again, may be
entirely irrelevant, given that scene.

Otoh, if all actions are recorded, preserved
in some Akashic Record or Book of Life, then,
assuming free-choice exists, they all could matter.

If physical/materialism is how things are,
and choice is an illusion of sorts sorting sorts,
then to think a choice is relevant is a folly.

TIL, it can be a good thing to apply grease
to all threaded components of all sorts.

Such a choice, now that I have it to make,
might very well make my life easier in the future.

Apparently I never got that memo.
noname
2015-05-13 10:58:17 UTC
Post by {:-])))
TIL, it can be a good thing to apply grease
to all threaded components of all sorts.
Such a choice, now that I have it to make,
might very well make my life easier in the future.
Apparently I never got that memo.
Good thing it didn't say "You're fired!" or you'd be working for free
and probably doing just as bad a job as you did when you were doing it
for money. It's never been about any particular memo; it's about the
Way on which you don't need memos, and if you think you need a memo then
you're No True Scotsman.

And by the way, do NOT apply grease to the threaded fittings on the
oxygen tank of your welding setup, that's what they call "really bad juju".
***@gmail.com
{:-])))
2015-05-13 12:04:07 UTC
Post by noname
And by the way, do NOT apply grease to the threaded fittings on the
oxygen tank of your welding setup, that's what they call "really bad juju".
Another piece of information worth having,
were I ever to be a welder welding with oxygen.

In the past, I'd assumed grease on pipe fittings
was to help keep water from leaking.

I've never put any on an aerator.
Not on lots of plumbing parts.

Nor on various nuts and bolts on cars, bikes, etc.

Now I shall. Until I find out I ought not
for some specific application.

- as you say
talishi
2015-05-12 00:29:06 UTC
Post by {:-])))
What you or noname or me or any body or soul
uses to express a point might point to the same point.
Whst Three Chins is underlining here is the vicious circle of spacing
out time after time.
Julian
Yes, dear.
{:-])))
2015-05-11 20:42:19 UTC
Post by Julian
Post by Bassos
Even if you are against buddhism, you still behave religious.
Yes, dear.
Taking a look at Crowley this afternoon,
he appears to me to have been religious,
and to have behaved in his own way.

Akin, perhaps, to some early gnostics
who saw YHWH as being evil.

And, as many people do now, see Religion,
Christianity, the Catholic Church, Islam
and other institutions as being evil.

Capitalism, empire, imperialism,
colonialism and their like are unliked
by many who fall afoul of their spells.

I don't know enough of Buddhism
in order to not like whatever orders
that it passes along to its followers.

As a Taoist, Buddhist right-this, right-that
suggests there is some wrong involved.

Going beyond duality, for me, happens
to be a state of where I like to be here.

Between being in a state of Being
and being in a state of Nonbeing
there may be a fine line drawn.

To draw lines, to weave a world
view into a map-like plane, to fly
above its dimension may be akin
to how dao ke dao, fei chang dao.

Territorial maps map territories.

To think one is or is not
the other may occur.
Bassos

/snip to the rest.
talishi
2015-05-12 00:24:30 UTC
Or possibly the exclusion of the Left.
noname
2015-05-07 14:17:37 UTC
Post by liaM
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
Post by Bassos
[...]
Liam, you're so fucking stupid that you *SHINE* with stupidity.

Enjoy your joy, don't presume to have the first clue about mine.
***@gmail.com
liaM
Jawohl, mein Herrn. Ein Hund ist ein Hund.
David Dalton
2015-05-05 02:16:37 UTC
Post by noname
May every stone catch your foot and trip you, may all your expectations
turn to crap, may everything go more wrong than you ever thought
possible, until finally you put together all the clues they have
delivered to you, and awaken.
That reminds me of:

Seven years your right, under a flagstone, in a quagmire,
Without food, without taste, but the thirst you ever torturing,
The law of the judges your lesson, and prayer your language:
And if you like to return
You will be, for a time, a Druid, perhaps.
(Ancient Irish Poem)

which was given in John Matthews' book Taliesin..., on p. 90.

I relate that to the Buddha's seven years of ascetic years
before he achieved awakening/enlightenment. But in my
case my low years have lasted over 19 years so far though
they aren't very low as long as I am on medication and
abstain from drinking alcohol 1--9 days before full moon.
"It is time for you to laugh instead of crying
Yes it's time for you to laugh so keep on trying" (The Kinks)
{:-])))
2015-05-02 18:30:14 UTC
Post by Bassos
Post by noname
Fuck off, moron.
Anger comes from confinement to viewpoints.
To say fuck off, moron
reminds me of a curmudgeon.

But, given the definition of one
as being bad tempered, maybe noname isn't.
Post by Bassos
The feelings themselves are not angry or happy, they just are.
Your choice to go for the angry viewpoint indicates that you have
confined yourself into a worldview where what happens is not always
wonderful and exciting.
Some people say fuck off
as if the words were not sacred.

Same as saying, I disagree
and would prefer not to discuss it.
Post by Bassos
Coz, how else would you yourself typify behaviour of what you wrote to
what i wrote ?
You could have tried tit for tat, with some bits of uplifting behaviour
for free.
Usually he plays the desire card.
Post by Bassos
Perhaps you are just too busy to write something thoughtful and nice.
While doing what's next, he is often thoughtful.
Being especially nice is not something he's known for tho.
Old farts tend to be old farts.
talishi
2015-05-11 03:39:12 UTC
Post by {:-])))
Yes. I am able to see your pov.
Is that all we are, is a point aperture on reality?
Bassos
2015-05-11 03:52:29 UTC
Post by talishi
Post by {:-])))
Yes. I am able to see your pov.
Is that all we are, is a point aperture on reality?
Blasphemy!!

If we are a point. (aperture or something else)

And we experience what we do.

Praise be to the point!

Kopimism.
talishi
2015-05-11 03:52:19 UTC
Post by {:-])))
There was one time, at a concert, where
I really enjoyed the music, so much so
that I found myself on my feet, applauding,
standing ovation. A very moving experience.
Then there are those who worshiped Leopold as though he were something
special:

Bassos
2015-04-25 21:02:27 UTC
Post by {:-])))
Post by Bassos
Post by Bassos
How certain are you that worship is false ?
I am missing all the replies to this post.
I don't recall there being any.
Me neither, yet in some forms of worship, proclaiming loudly what did
not happen also gets results.
Post by {:-])))
Post by Bassos
People seemed so certain.
Well, noname tends to be quite often.
He knows what words for him, at many rates.
Haz sexors with wordz ?
Post by {:-])))
Post by Bassos
Did i miss some interesting on topic posts ?
I'm unsure how much they dealt with Taoism,
Heh, nice one.
(certainty or the lack thereof versus daoism, and certainty not being
something to be considered at all anyway)
Post by {:-])))
which is the topic, theoretically, of the group
to which I am subscribed at present.
Kinda pleasant way to actually mean:
get the fuck on topic, you frikkin wanker!

To me those seem very similar, in not being on topic themselves, and
mainly distracting from the actual content being interacted.
Post by {:-])))
In this thread, I may have kept mine to that.
Then again, my recollection is unclear at best.
Underplaying has a baseline too, yaknow.

When presenting your viewpoint as just some viewpoint, while that
viewpoint is actually demonstrably fantastic, that kinda works, coz
peeps will then assume all sorts of stuff about what did not get discussed.

Akin to the mentioning of etc reasons.
Post by {:-])))
Post by Bassos
(ohm, a measure of resistance)
Is everybody reading my posts just completely blown away by the amount
of content ?
What you have written resonates with me.
I accept that as yes.

Thanks for almost posting honestly.
Post by {:-])))
Painting a flower does nothing for the flower.
Sure does.

Appreciation changes you.

Are the flower and you so different ?
Post by {:-])))
Post by Bassos
did you, the reader, ever do anything akin to actually reading source
documents ?
My ability to read Chinese is limited. However,
the first phrase of the TTC, in Pinyin,
dao ke dao fei chang dao,
often returns to me.
kewl.

Is it because of the speech impediment of the chinese that they cannot
say tao, and thus say dao ?
Post by {:-])))
As well as the second wells up at times,
ming ke ming fei chang ming.
So repetetetititive, these chinese.

Just coz them dao verses are interesting, that does not mean that the
original sounds of the chinese would be better.

Reading source materials haz to do with noticing how all source
materials are kinda meh.

Mostly describing a viewpoint that has some truth presented through
them, yet(ti);

The way that is not the way, but a manner of acting.
That is akin to humanism.

Except that humanism is way waaaaay better than the chinese version of
live and keep slaves, erm workers.

Did you ever see a chinese movie ?

Loads of indiscriminate killing.

That you think that the TTC is extremely kewl, is coz you are not
actually chinese.

Thus you project your actual and kinda funny, and certainly interesting
viewpoints, as though they where daoistic.

While that is just you, posting from you.

100% probability that your viewpoint is way way moar refined than
anything discussed in the well, when do you consider the TTC to have
been written ?

Kinda why (!!) magick is way better than daoism.

Daoism is following some noob from the past, while in doing magick
yourself, you are the person the praise or blame for your own personal
appreciation of experiencing.
Post by {:-])))
Post by Bassos
Never too late to start.
(insert Href to hermetic.com)
Tao, as a route may change, changes me
in and out of subtle ways as ways go.
Yeah dude.
Those ancient, ehem, chinese sure did predict completely how we would be
living right now.
That is ridle-iculous!
{:-])))
2015-04-26 13:03:26 UTC
Post by Bassos
Post by {:-])))
Post by {:-])))
Post by Bassos
People seemed so certain.
Well, noname tends to be quite often.
He knows what words for him, at many rates.
Haz sexors with wordz ?
Piers to be a typo of sorts,
and yet, within an unintentional there
might be some Cook Ting of another sort.
Post by Bassos
Post by {:-])))
Post by Bassos
Did i miss some interesting on topic posts ?
I'm unsure how much they dealt with Taoism,
Heh, nice one.
(certainty or the lack thereof versus daoism, and certainty not being
something to be considered at all anyway)
Another unintentional statement.
Happy to see it made sense on that level to.
Post by Bassos
Post by {:-])))
which is the topic, theoretically, of the group
to which I am subscribed at present.
get the fuck on topic, you frikkin wanker!
To me those seem very similar, in not being on topic themselves, and
mainly distracting from the actual content being interacted.
Yes.
The topic of what is the topic is not the topic.
That sounds very Taoistic to me, a version of the TTC.
An interpretation of TTC 1.1 as it happens to be.
Post by Bassos
Post by {:-])))
In this thread, I may have kept mine to that.
Then again, my recollection is unclear at best.
Underplaying has a baseline too, yaknow.
I actually don't quite recall.

In my first few responses to David I noted how deities
are found in various forms of Taoism (Tao Chiao).
But I didn't cross-post them on out.

After that, it's mostly all a blur.
Post by {:-])))
Post by Bassos
(ohm, a measure of resistance)
Is everybody reading my posts just completely blown away by the amount
of content ?
What you have written resonates with me.
I accept that as yes.
Thanks for almost posting honestly.
I was impressed by a response to noname you'd written.
It made perfect sense at the time to me.
Post by Bassos
Post by {:-])))
Painting a flower does nothing for the flower.
Sure does.
The two meanings in the sentence
were, this time, intentionally left at the time.
Post by Bassos
Appreciation changes you.
Are the flower and you so different ?
In some ways, a small difference makes all the.

While being a barefooter, I tend to wear clothes.
Shoes, for me, are akin to legs on a snake.
Clothes are a different story-board.

If someone paints of picture of me
it might influence how I feel about myself.

I don't know if a flower feels anything
when shown a picture of itself.

If someone painted me blue or green
and the paint didn't wash off I might live.

If someone painted a red rose with gold dust
it may kill the flower, doing nothing for it
in terms of long life and prosperity.
Post by Bassos
Post by {:-])))
Post by Bassos
did you, the reader, ever do anything akin to actually reading source
documents ?
My ability to read Chinese is limited. However,
the first phrase of the TTC, in Pinyin,
dao ke dao fei chang dao,
often returns to me.
kewl.
Is it because of the speech impediment of the chinese that they cannot
say tao, and thus say dao ?
The old Wade-Giles Romanization gave way
to the modern Pinyin dialectically.

My knowledge of the history of the groups
is too scant to comment on the geography
of who lived and lives where in the land.

Not do I know how many dialects exist
in the nation-state of mind called China.
Post by Bassos
Post by {:-])))
As well as the second wells up at times,
ming ke ming fei chang ming.
So repetetetititive, these chinese.
Yesterday or the day before I read
something about how buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
with a few more of them tossed in the salad.
Post by Bassos
Just coz them dao verses are interesting, that does not mean that the
original sounds of the chinese would be better.
Reading source materials haz to do with noticing how all source
materials are kinda meh.
I used to see them all as being the same.
That'd maybe be called Perennial Philosophy.

Then, after arriving in this Taoist bamboo grove,
I became aware of how each source differs.

How Tao is not God.
How Jesus is not the Way.
And yet, for some, Tao is, and Jesus is.
Post by Bassos
Mostly describing a viewpoint that has some truth presented through
them, yet(ti);
The way that is not the way, but a manner of acting.
That is akin to humanism.
Except that humanism is way waaaaay better than the chinese version of
live and keep slaves, erm workers.
Did you ever see a chinese movie ?
A little bit here and there.
Post by Bassos
Loads of indiscriminate killing.
That you think that the TTC is extremely kewl, is coz you are not
actually chinese.
I used to take source materials to work
and ask my associates to translate passages.

Most of my blue-collar work-mates declined,
suggesting the Lao-tzu is too way-deep to ponder.
Post by Bassos
Thus you project your actual and kinda funny, and certainly interesting
viewpoints, as though they where daoistic.
While that is just you, posting from you.
When looked at under a microscope I can see
how Taoism is an artificial construct.

What's known now as the philosophy Tao Chia (daojia)
was an invention of scholars thousands of years ago,
although it's been said there was no such a category
as philosophy, nor religion, in the land at the time.
Post by Bassos
100% probability that your viewpoint is way way moar refined than
anything discussed in the well, when do you consider the TTC to have
been written ?
I think what's called the received version
was compiled by Wang Pi (Wang Bi) long ago.
Can't remember when. I'm sure Google knows.

Scraps of silks have been unearthed
that date to long before the version we have now.

Hang on a parsec whilst eye seeks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guodian_Chu_Slips

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tao_Te_Ching

Looks to be the sayings began to be etched,
so to speak, out of oral traditions, maxims,
aphorisms and such, a couple thou-
sand years ago. Give/take ore.
That is ridle-iculous!
David Dalton
2015-04-17 02:36:04 UTC
Post by Bassos
Post by David Dalton
If I was a very weak atheist I would still believe that my
former deities existed but would no longer worship them.
Nah dude.
Even very weak atheists do not leave room for existence of gods.
If I didn't worship them they would not be gods to me.