blue lotus
David Dalton
2015-03-07 04:58:46 UTC
What is the meaning of the blue lotus in Buddhism?

One source I looked at said the lotus is said to be
the flower of compassion and another source said
the blue lotus represents the victory of the spirit
over the senses.

My blue rose (not lotus) vision is described on my
Salmon on the Thorns web page.

From the name of The Turquoise Bee I take it that
he also had a blue rose vision.

Krishna is described as being the colour of a blue lotus.

In Egyptian tradition the blue lotus was used as a
metaphor for rebirth and of the Sun, but I associate
my blue rose vision with our blue planet Earth.
"And now the angry morning/Gives the early signs of warning (S. McLachlan)
You must face alone the plans you make/Decisions they will try to break"
David Dalton
2015-03-11 02:54:40 UTC
Post by David Dalton
What is the meaning of the blue lotus in Buddhism?
One source I looked at said the lotus is said to be
the flower of compassion and another source said
the blue lotus represents the victory of the spirit
over the senses.
My blue rose (not lotus) vision is described on my
Salmon on the Thorns web page.
From the name of The Turquoise Bee I take it that
he also had a blue rose vision.
Krishna is described as being the colour of a blue lotus.
In Egyptian tradition the blue lotus was used as a
metaphor for rebirth and of the Sun, but I associate
my blue rose vision with our blue planet Earth.
My blue rose (not lotus) vision is described on my
Salmon on the Thorns web page, which I quote from
below:

"Eventually I got near the top, and just before the top had a clear
vision of a glowing blue rose, of a colour blue that is partway from sky
blue to sea blue, but is closer to sky blue. At the time I did not know
or think about the mystical significance of this, but just admired it
briefly. I did not touch it because it was the only one, and tried to
smell it but if there was any smell it was very delicate.

This rose was not a fuzzy or moving image or in the mind's eye or closed
eye vision, but actually growing right there in front of me,
three-dimensional and sharp, the clearest vision by far of any I have
ever had (I don't have visions, usually) if it was a vision (i.e., if
another observer there could not have seen it and a camera there could
not record it). I saw it clearly from close up, just inches away from my
eyes and I forget if it was clear close up and fuzzier at a distance due
to my lack of glasses or not."

I associate my blue rose vision with our blue planet Earth
and also some with my main human inspirer, Sarah McLachlan.