The Naga water serpent
David Dalton
2015-08-14 04:38:18 UTC
A Naga water serpent is said to have sheltered the Buddha
from a thunderstorm, perhaps on a mountain.

I think this serpent was the clear sky lightning of
inspiration. This serpent is the same as the bronze serpent
in the Old Testament, the lightning of inspiration, which
according to Issac Asimov's Guide to the Bible Vol. 2 was
personified as the seraphim (i.e., the root of the word
seraphim is related to the lightning).

But why would it be called a water serpent? I think because
the lightning was light blue in colour and/or occurred over
water, like that which marked the start of my fifth
waning crescent high.

Also I think the sheltering of the Buddha from a thunderstorm
meant that unusually there was no thunderstorm, it was
clear sky lightning (which I think is due to solar activity
affecting the ionosphere).

In my case clear sky lightning marked the start of my
Sept91, June93, and Aug/Sept94 waning crescent highs.
My Jan94 waning crescent high was marked by extremely
variable weather, which I relate to the cherubim, which
Asimov says personify the storm.

But is there any evidence that the Naga water serpent
incident occurred during waning crescent moon?
"When the train, it left the station, with two lights on behind
Well, the blue light was my blues, and the red light was my mind" (R.J.)
David Dalton
2015-08-14 05:22:51 UTC
Post by David Dalton
But is there any evidence that the Naga water serpent
incident occurred during waning crescent moon?
Or at the earliest, last quarter moon (which comes just
before waning crescent moo), and at the latest, new moon
(which comes just after waning crescent moon).