willing shaktipat to occur
David Dalton
2014-02-26 06:10:45 UTC
I define shaktipat as proximity-induced kundalini awakening.
It is usually spontaneous and occurs when a novice is
near a more spiritually advanced person, such that the
novice receives the shaktipat from that more advanced
person.

Now I say it is usually spontaneous, but is it sometimes
possible for the more spiritually advanced person to
will the shaktipat to occur? If so, how would one go
about it? I have attempted to do so by remembering
when I received shaktipat and imagining it relaying
on from me to another person, but that has not seemed
to work, at least not yet.
"But once there was a darkness, deep and endless night
You gave me everything you had, oh you gave me light" (Sarah McLachlan)
David Dalton
2014-02-26 06:32:01 UTC
Post by David Dalton
I define shaktipat as proximity-induced kundalini awakening.
It is usually spontaneous and occurs when a novice is
near a more spiritually advanced person, such that the
novice receives the shaktipat from that more advanced
person.
Now I say it is usually spontaneous, but is it sometimes
possible for the more spiritually advanced person to
will the shaktipat to occur? If so, how would one go
about it? I have attempted to do so by remembering
when I received shaktipat and imagining it relaying
on from me to another person, but that has not seemed
to work, at least not yet.
I expect to have more luck when I come out of the
low years, which I claim are similar to the ascetic
years of the Buddha and the years of exile of Rama.